The Enrollment Process
Thank you for you interest in the Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences!
This page is designed to help you understand the enrollment process and submit your enrollment application.
You may click any of the sections below to move ahead on the page.
Submitting an online application for enrollment is easy!
The application for the 2023-2024 school year will open on September 23, 2022. Beginning on that date, click the box below to apply through the Apply Philly Charter website. We accept applications for grades K-8 and have rolling admissions.
If you would like to apply for the current 2022-2023 school year, please click the box above to access the application. Be sure to indicate the school year you would like to apply for (2022-2023). We suggest you also submit an application for the 2023-2024 school year at the same time.
Apply Philly Charter offers 11 different translations of the enrollment application, including, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Vietnamese.
The School District of Philadelphia has dictated that admission into The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences must be governed by catchment area. All applicants must, at the time of application and completion of the enrollment process, reside in the charter school’s catchment area.
Any school-aged child residing in the designated catchment area is eligible for admission based on current enrollment numbers for any particular grade throughout the academic school year. We accept applications for kindergarten through eighth grade.
Click here to check if your student lives in our catchment area.
September 23, 2022
Application made available for the 2023-2024 school year
January 23, 2023
Application deadline. In order to be notified of acceptance status by February 10, applications must be submitted by January 23. (Applications will still be accepted after January 23, although families will be notified of acceptance status after February 10.)
February 10, 2023
Families are notified of acceptance status
Need help getting started with your Apply Philly Charter enrollment application?
Click HERE for step by step instructions and apply today.
- Kindergarten applicants MUST be five years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- All applicants must, at the time of application and completion of the enrollment process, reside in the Arts and Sciences catchment area.
- There is no deadline to apply! Admission is rolling and available seats in any particular grade are filled based upon timestamped receipt of the submitted application.
- If there are more applicants from the catchment area than seats available in any particular grade, then a waitlist is generated for that grade on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Waitlists remain valid for one school year only, and are based on the current school year applications.
- New waitlists are generated every school year. If an applicant on the waitlist is not notified of acceptance, then they must reapply for the next school year.
Once your application for enrollment has been successfully submitted, simply wait for the results! Application results will be sent to applicants on February 10, 2023.
After February 10, 2023, Arts and Sciences will continue accepting students and notifying families of results on a rolling basis.
For any questions or assistance, please contact the Admissions Office: (215) 537-2554
The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences is committed to educational equality and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, disabilities, gender or any other legally protected classification.